Before we began working this year, we were set a list of Course Learning Outcomes by RMIT in order to make us more work ready.
- Demonstrate an enhanced understanding of the world of work & a first hand, practical appreciation of current business issues
- Employ discipline specific knowledge & skills to analyse a workplace issue
- Set professional goals and manage time appropriately
- Identify convergence or divergence between theoretical concepts & observed business practice
- Communicate an understanding of the challenges of a real world business environment
- Work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Develop employability skills, and become work ready
We then as part of our first transition into work, had to develop our own professional learning goals (Course Learning Outcome 3).
- I will develop a transferable skill set, that not only can be used in financial services consulting, but in any other future career paths I may follow
- I will endeavour to gain as much industry experience, (financial services and consulting industries namely), and learn how the industry evolves to present changes in the political, social and economic environments
- I will indulge in the corporate culture of the organisation I work for, and become part of the lifestyle of the organisation, as well as the community of people that is created with co-workers